If you have an accident, the first thing you need to do is fill out – in English if your French is not up to it – the accident report form. You need to give your insurance details and details of the accident – this does not apportion blame, just the facts. The constat amiable d’accident must then be signed by both yourself and the other party involved. It is a carbon copy sheet, and both parties send their copy back to their respective insurer to establish responsibility. If you do not understand what has been written by the other party do not sign the form as anything signed is taken as evidence.

The constat amiable is also available in electronic format, through the  ‘e-constat’ app that you can download on your mobile device.

Once the form has been filled in, you have five days to return it to your insurer. If neither you or the other driver has a constant available then the report can be done by letter and sent to the respective insurance companies within five days. They will then analyse the evidence to assign responsibility.

Prepare to provide the following documents to sign up to a French insurance scheme:

  • Your car’s registration certificate (or carte grise), which contains the info your insurer needs (the type of car, car power, date of registration…) to establish your premium
  • Your driver’s license
  • Your information report, which contains all your history as an insured driver (accidents, damage caused, your former car insurance contract…)

A homeowners policy is recommended for anyone who owns a home or condo and may even be required by your mortgage lender. You will need separate coverage to help protect your home and personal belongings against damage due to floods or earthquakes.

If the unexpected happens, home insurance can help you restore your life back to normal.

Every contractor who builds in France, whether his project concerns a new development or a renovation, must be insured against decennial liability.

This insurance plan has been designed to meet the needs of people living abroad for more than a year. The minimum period of membership is 6 months. The plan is automatically renewed for one year on the anniversary date unless you ask for it to be terminated.

This insurance is automatically renewed on its anniversary date. If you no longer need the coverage, you can terminate it:

On the plan’s anniversary date, by contacting us with 2 moths’ notice by email contact@artek-assurances.fr.

After 6 moths, in the following cases:

  • Your employer has introduced a mandatory plan
  • Your expatriation comes to an end and you return to your country of nationality/ departure
  • You’re enrolled in a local scheme in your country of expatriation

The termination will take effect on the 1st or 15th of the month following receipt of the request.

Ask for a quote